Sweis Law Firm, P.C.
The Sweis Law Firm provides its business and consumer clientele with niche legal services in select areas of consumer and corporate law. This is accomplished through an established network of attorneys that have a working relationship with David R. Sweis, Esq. in various specialized areas of the law.
Based in Chicago, Illinois, David R. Sweis focuses his practice in foreclosure defense & real estate settlement, immigration and international trade law & compliance.
Chicago Attorneys Dedicated To Defending Your Rights
Sweis Law Firm is currently interested in handling matters involving creditor and debt collector harassment after a consumer has successfully completed a Chapter 7 or Chapter 13 bankruptcy. Such harassment includes attempting to collect on a discharged debt, unlawfully damaging consumer credit scores after a discharge and threatening to garnish wages or file suit to collect on discharged debt.
If someone you know has been harassed subsequent to obtaining a bankruptcy discharge, please call our office at (630) 575-8505 and schedule your consultation today!
David R. Sweis
The John Marshall Law School, Chicago, Illinois
Juris Doctor, May 2007
Juris Doctor Certificate, International Business & Trade Law, May 2007
David R. Sweis is the founder of Sweis Law Firm, P.C. Mr. Sweis has extensive knowledge and experience helping commercial and consumer landowners manage their distressed real estate. In addition to defending mortgage foreclosure litigants, Mr. Sweis represents individuals looking to purchase a home or commercial property. The Chicago Bar Association and South Suburban Cook County Bar Associations have each invited David to speak and lecture on topics of mortgage foreclosure and litigation defense. In 2010, 2011 and 2012, SuperLawyers Magazine and Chicago Magazine recognized Mr. Sweis as a Rising Star in the field of civil litigation defense.
Mr. Sweis also serves as corporate counsel for small to midsize importers, exporters and distributors. His knowledge of trade compliance and product development and protection has allowed him to develop a keen ability to effectively assist small to midsize importers, exporters and distributors with FDA regulations, supply chain management and product licensing.
- Foreclosure Defense & Mechanics Liens
- Debtor’s Rights
- Immigration and Naturalization
- Import Compliance & Licensing
- FDA/USDA Compliance & Licensing
- “The Availability of Damages to Foreign Nationals for Violations of Consular Relations Treaty”
19 New York Int’l Law Review 63 (Summer 2006)
- Illinois State Bar, November 2007
- U.S. District Court General Bar, Northern District of Illinois, December 2007
Khalil J. Khalil
DePaul University College of Law, Chicago, Illinois
Juris Doctor, May 2003
Juris Doctor Certificate, Health Law, May 2003
Khalil Khalil acts of counsel to Sweis Law Firm. Prior to joining Sweis Law, Mr. Khalil worked for the Law offices of Kameli & Associates, P.C. where he developed his expertise in immigration law and export compliance. Mr. Khalil has represented global export companies in export compliance, as well as secured appropriate licensing to transact business with entities and foreign Governments regulated by the Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC).
Mr. Khalil has successfully litigated matters before the Executive Office of Immigration Review (EOIR), Board of Immigration Appeals (BIA), Administrative Appeals Office, Federal District Court as well as the United States Court of Appeals for the 7th Circuit.
- Immigration and Naturalization
- Business/Investor Visas
- Export Compliance & Licensing
- OFAC Compliance & Licensing
- “A Sight of Relief:Invalidating Cadaveric Corneal Donation Laws Via The Free Exercise Clause,”
6 DePaul J. Health Care L. 159
- Illinois Bar admission, May 2004
- U.S. District Court General Bar, Northern District of Illinois, June 2004
- U.S. District Court Trial Bar, Northern District of Illinois, April 2006
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Michigan, October 2008
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit, July 2004